A historic library building located at 24 W Main St, Dryden, NY 13053. It is a 1 ¹⁄₂-story masonry building with a steeply pitched gable roof.
Jennie McGraw Fiske’s (1840-1881) will provided generous funds to establish a public library in Dryden in memory of her mother Rhoda Southworth McGraw (1819-1847) and grandfather John Southworth (1796-1877). The site was purchased in 1892, the cornerstone was laid the following year, and the library opened in 1894. Built with Ohio sandstone, this Richardsonian Romanesque library was designed by Ithaca architect William H. Miller. Using a style popular for library and public buildings in the 1880s and 1890s, Miller included a bell tower and a vestibule entry facing the main street. The original portion of the library includes two main reading rooms featuring fireplaces with finely carved mantels. The more recent Lincoln Center addition was made possible through the sale of a copy of Abraham Lincoln’s 1864 re-election speech. The library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.