Now home to the Dryden Historical Society, a Federal-style home built in 1836 from local brick. Located at 36 West Main St, Dryden, NY 13053.
This house was first owned by John Southworth, who came to Dryden in 1806 as a child with his father Thomas Southworth. John Southworth had a number of businesses including a farm, a store and land holdings. By 1836 he had acquired enough money to build his brick home on North Street in a style reflecting the transition from the Federal to the Greek Revival period. He also built a brick store on the corner of South and West Main Streets.
The smaller wooden portion of the house appears to predate the brick house and the roof originally had cedar shingles. Some of the original glass window panes remain. The interior of the house is notable for its hand-blocked wallpaper imported from France. Upon the death of the last Southworth descendant, the homestead was bequeathed to the Dryden Town Historical Society. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.